Yoga

Saturday, January 2, 2021

New Year 2021

 I wish you all peace, wellness and happiness.

If you are grieving, I wish you comfort.  A dear friend and my dear niece passed away during this 9 months. I am experiencing  grief.
 I don’t expect or want to rush the grief, to “move on”.  I am honoring it as a process.  The waves of sadness and tears are a way they live in my heart. The memories I cherish bring joy though often mixed with the tears.
I am grateful to have friends who I can cry with and who show me their tears. who listen and who share their grief, sadness, fears, worries and  laughter.
If you are grieving you might find great comfort in the quotes, talks and books I share in this blog Honoring our grief
Last March when everything shut down I never imagined, nine months later, we’d still be staying home, wearing masks going out only for essential errands.
It has been easy to feel alone during Covid restrictions. For me alone is a familiar state, from times when I was young. It has taken most of my life to accept help and support when times are hard.  I wouldn’t seek support because of that false belief that I’m alone, that I must do everything on my own, pull myself up by my own bootstraps. That is BS! That belief can lead to real isolation.
 As human beings we want connection and closeness, it is worth taking risks and putting ourselves out there  again and again. The reality is we have People. We interconnected. Keep nourishing friendships and making new friends.
  I have grown closer to some friends and family during this time, even across physical distance!
Covid time has been an introspective for me. I have been exploring the roots of  irrational beliefs that are rooted in my past hurts. Hurts that are rooted or amplified because of young people’s oppression, sexism, and classism. These oppressions as well as racism, and antisemitism are passed down through generations and are systemic in this USA culture and institutions. And these perpetuate isolation.
Yet I believe Humanity can do the inner and outer work to evolve toward a fair and just society for everyone. I am committed to this work, it is YOGA off the mat 
 Those of you who I’ve seen on Zoom and at physical distance for sharing yoga have been wonderful! If you haven’t come back in awhile You are welcome to join. The Zoom classes are small anywhere from 1-6 people. They are still donation based.
 I’m here and happy to meet you, from the comfort of our own homes for now.
Peace, Christina

Class schedule can be found at https://happymountainyoga.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment