Yoga

Sunday, January 5, 2020

New Year

I wish you all peace, health and happiness in the new year. 

I have enjoyed simplifying and teaching fewer classes in 2020. What I have found most fulfilling is our special events & workshops in intimate settings like my home and being in small groups, so there will be more of those in 2020.
In 2019 I had the pleasure to meet and study with David Garrigues at his workshop in Sante Fe.
I want to share a great podcast where He shares yoga knowledge eloquently and generously!
 This one is about pain in practice and life!  It is 52 minutes and well worth taking time to listen to!   https://soundcloud.com/asanakitchen/pain-is-real

 GOOD YOGA / BEST PRACTICE 
 It is what matches where you are at! Vigorous makes sence often, but, restorative is good yoga! Some days this is the smartest and best practice!

Some days laying over a bolster is the right "back-bend" for me,
though some days my back loves to full wheel-Urdva Danurasana 

Some days I skip reaching together hands a bind.
   
When I'm grieving  part of my practice includes allowing time to cry.                               
 It's all good yoga!  Listen to the podcast to broaden your idea of what your practice can be!!!

For those who have drifted away from classes or practice for whatever reason, 

Please know, yoga always welcomes you back!

Remember; These excuses for not getting to class are good reasons to start or constantly continue yoga practice!    “I’m not flexible” yoga helps you become more flexible over time!        “I’m out of shape” Yoga helps you get in shape, and if you can breathe, you can do yoga         “I’m too overweight” Love yourself now as you are and begin regular yoga, you are worthy of all yoga's benefits, now.    “I’m too old” You are never too old to reap the benefits of yoga!               "I don't have time" Making time for yourself is radical; it is important and in the long run you'll have more energy making better use of your time throughout the day!      “I’m too stressed"  You need to show up, period: Regular yoga helps you manage stress!        “I don’t have the energy”do some restorative yoga;Yoga gives you energy! You may feel tired after classes or practice in the beginning but stick with it and you will begin to have more energy.      "I have this injury or condition” You are more than your conditions and injuries. Talk with instructor, focus on all that you can do and grow your practice from there! 
Not showing up for class or toughing it out and not getting modifications are both poor choices. The most inspiring student is the one who shows up despite obstacles, the bigger your obstacle the more you inspire others!  
  Peace, Christina   

No comments:

Post a Comment